Insert molding is a molding method to make integrated products.
Plastic insert molding means that after inserting a pre-prepared dissimilar material into the mold, injecting resin and molten material, and finally joining with the insert to solidify.
Injection molding on the substrate refers to the embedding method of injection molding parts on the local part of the metal plate surface. Its features are as follows:
1. The mutual combination of resin's formability, bending and metal's rigidity, strength, and heat resistance can firmly produce complex and exquisite metal plastic integrated products.
2. In particular, the custom injection molded products made of the combination of resin insulation and metal conductivity can meet the basic functions of electrical products.
3. The pre molding combination of multiple inserts makes the post-engineering of product unit combination more reasonable.
4. Inserts are not limited to metal. There are also cloth, paper, wire, plastic, glass, wood, wire coil, electrical parts, and so on.
5. For the rigid molded products and the bending elastic molded products on the rubber sealing pad, the integrated products are made by injection molding on the substrate, which can save the complex operation of arranging the sealing rings and make the automatic combination of subsequent processes easier.
6. Because it is the joint between molten material and metal insert, compared with the press in molding method, the gap of the metal insert can be designed narrower, and the molding reliability of composite products is higher.
7. Selecting appropriate resin and molding conditions, that is, the products that are easy to be damaged (such as glass, coils, electrical parts, etc.) can also be sealed and fixed through the resin.
8. Selecting the appropriate mold structure so that the insert can also be completely sealed into the resin.
9. With the combination of the vertical injection molding machine, manipulator, and insert line device, most insert molding projects can realize automatic production.
10. After the insert molding is formed, it can also be made into products with hollow grooves after core removal.